1. All Candidates: Minimum age of 18 years.
2. All Candidates: United States citizen prior to application.
3. All Candidates: High school diploma or equivalent. An evaluation of foreign high school diploma may be required.
4. All Candidates: Must not have been convicted of any felony. All candidates must not have been convicted of any perjury or a false statement charge as an adult. All other arrests and convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation (F.S.S. 943.13).
5. All Candidates: If ever arrested, candidates must submit an official court disposition with the application. You may contact the Clerk of the Court in the county in which the incident occurred to obtain this information.
6. All Candidates: Those claiming Veterans preference must provide DD214 Member 4 at time of application.